Friday, March 13, 2009

First blog EVER!!!

I've been trying for so long to get this blog started as for we have family and friends all over the country and it just seems like an easier way to keep in touch with everyone. So for the very first one I'll just get out a little history on our growing family:

Thaer and I were married on 1/9/2007. We got pregnant with Hana in May of 2007 and she arrived in our lives, 9 days late on 2/17/2008. Low and behold we got pregnant with this little guy in August of 2008, which was a HUGE shock! His due date is 5/18/2009. My little munchkins will be a whole 15 months apart.

Hana is a joy. She's so funny and is growing so quickly and learning so much. She's got 10 teeth now, well 2 of her molars are currently pushing their way through. She has been walking very well for about a month now and is LOVING it! At her 1 year checkup she weighed in at 20 pounds and 13 oz and is 30.5 inches long...which yes, she is a tall and skinny one!

Thaer has been doing well. Just a busy bee at work. They've been having a lot of layoffs, so he is receiving all the work of the guys that lost their jobs. Then he comes home and helps me out. What a guy! He will be having a neurostimulator put in his back at the end of this month for pain. The pain comes from 3 broken vertebrae in his back from his seizure last July. He also has to have shoulder surgery from the same accident, but we have yet to schedule that. But other than that, he's great.

I am doing pretty well also. Just staying tired. For the past few weeks I've been "teaching" Hana how to sleep on her own. For the past year, she'd wake up whenever and we would rush into her room, pick her up and rock her back to sleep. But since we've got a new one coming and for our own sanity, we decided that it was time....and she's been doing wonderfully. From the first night she took to it really well. Now since then though, she's been having teeth come in, so of course on those days she doesn't sleep as well, but still better than her waking up 9 times a night. Now if only I could learn how to sleep. :) And being a stay at home mom is awesome. I get to see all of her milestones and watch her change. I absolutely love it and wouldn't trade it for the world.

I can't wait until this little man gets here and to see how Hana and he will get along. It's going to be fun, hard work, but fun.

Well, I will finally end my very first post!! Look often, there will be plenty more to come!

No comments: