Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Zain Thaer Yousef

I know that it has been forever and for that I am sorry, but it's been hectic with the 2 of them. I wanted to post his birth story really quickly though... Zain was due on Monday, May 18, 2009...that day came and went and on May 21st we went and had an u/s and the dr. told us that he was 9 pounds and we needed to induce the next day and to be at the hospital at 5pm.... We got to the hospital at 430p with Hana in tow and they told us that it was going to be about 15 mins to get the rooms cleaned up and maybe we should grab something to eat....well, 1 1/2 hours later I was finally getting in my room. So when they took my blood pressure it was way up....I was so agitated at that point. Well, they checked me, no dilation but cervix was softening....so they put in the Cervadil and the waiting game started....I started having contractions really regular a few hours later, but they were manageable....Luckily though I had no back labor like I did with Hana....Thank God! I didn't sleep through the night because I was trying to get through the contractions....They were every 2 to 3 mins from about 10p on....At 6a they checked me and I was at a 3 I think...They didn't want to start the Pitocin since I was contracting on my own, but got the dr. in there to give me some Diloden for the pain...it helped a lot....but the contractions were getting stronger so at around 10 am I got my epidural. Anyways, they started my Pitocin drip around 1245p and at about 330p I was at an 8 and needed a boost for my epidural. They came in at 430p and said I needed to start pushing and in 5 contractions at 449pm on May 23rd, 2009 Zain was born weighing in at a whopping 9 pounds 6 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long....He was a big boy!!!! Hana was only 7 pounds 2oz and 19 1/2 inches....But he is a very healthy little boy and by day 5 he was already back up to his birth weight.

Here are a few pics from when he was only a few days old.....



I will update on another post!!!




No comments: