I am now trying to keep myself busy since Thaer is working some crazy hours (1pm to 2a)...
So, last night I went to Michael's and JoAnn's Fabric and got myself some fabric and ribbons so I can start making Hana some pillowcase dresses. (Thanks Bethany). I actually made my first one this morning. It turned out super cute and will be taking pics of her in it tomorrow. I didn't have time today because we were rushing out to a "Princess Party".....I got so many compliments on her outfit that I think that I'm going to start taking orders for them. I had gotten a small handheld sewing machine, but the darn string kept breaking, so I wound up hand stitching part and using a "no sew" glue on parts also....It turned out so much better than I had expected the first one to!
I also decided that I am going to make Hana's birthday cake next week. Not just any cake, one that is covered in fondant and cute little circle cut outs...it's going to be really colorful. I have been wanting to do cake decorating forever. I love to bake!!! I got the idea for the circle cutouts from a fabric that I had gotten at the store. I decided that I am going to make Hana her own little 2 layer 4" cake to match the dress out of the material!! Then I am going to make an 8" cake for the rest of us....I would love to start making cakes for people as well...I've never done a fondant covered cake before, so I'll let you know how it goes!!!
Plum Cake
1 week ago
1 comment:
FUN FUN! I cannot wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment