Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kiddos....

My babies are getting so big...but right now they are both sick. Zain started with a cough on Monday and then it turned into a runny nose and fever...the dr. gave him a decongestant, but since it's staying loose, I'm not really giving it to him. He started his fever on Tuesday, but I got it down by Thursday with Tylenol/Motrin. He's still coughing and has a yucky nose and low and behold Hana woke up this morning with a cough and by this evening her nose was running like a madman....she didn't want to eat either...all they want to do is nurse. I know they don't feel good, but this is the first time that either of them have been sick!!! I didn't know that it was going to be this hard. I've been so blessed that they waited this long to get sick. Hopefully they'll be feeling better soon.

But Hana is oh so funny. She's almost 2 going on 15! Her vocabulary has grown emensly and is able to count to 10!!! My big girl. She loves her little brother and they play chase!! It's too funny. She's also starting to get in that not listening stage, so needless to say, she's sitting in time out quite a bit.....it's funny because when I tell her to go to time out, she'll put down anything that she has and if there is a toy near the time out spot, she'll push it away and sit down and whine....but hey, she sits there for her 2 mins! And she gets out and says her sorry's and gives hugs and kisses and will go on with playing only to wind up doing what she just got sent to time out for!!!! But I've learned to choose my battles. I'm already crazy enough, so no need to make it worse!

Zain is my little man. He's such a moma's boy. He's crawling like Speedy Gonzalez. It's too funny to watch him crawl after Hana....soon he'll be walking. He's been pulling up on the couch for a couple months now and has been transferring himself from table to couch and the other day he actually let go of the couch and stood for a couple seconds without holding on to anything before sitting down!!! He's also just got in his 5th tooth...so now he's got 3 top and 2 bottom ones! He's wearing 18 to 24 month clothing because of his height. He's only 8 1/2 months old!! He and Hana go in for their well checkups the first of March, so we'll see where the two of them are then.

And my 3rd kiddo, Thaer (love you babe)....he had his generator replaced on his neuro stimulator in his back on Dec. 28th. That thing was supposed to last 4 years but it only lasted less than 6 months. And after he got out of surgery, NONE OF IT WORKS NOW!!!!! So, now he has to decide whether he goes in to have the whole thing taken out and stay out or have the whole thing replaced! My poor man, it's neverending for him.

That's about it with them! Thanks for reading and sorry for taking so long to post. I'll post pics in the next week!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

So sorry to hear that the kiddos have been sick! That is never fun. Kaley didn't get sick until she was 15 months old and when she did it was with a stomach virus and it was AWFUL! I can't imagine having both kiddos sick at the same time! I hope they start feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

Thats terrible to have two kids sick. It's hard enough with just one when Marley gets it. I can't imagine how you do it with 2. I hope they feel better soon. Thaer too. carzy that it only lasted 6 months. I'm sure he has got to be stressed about it. I hope whatever he decides to do about it works out for him. Hate to hear that he is having problems. I am glad you posted again. It's so nice to be able to keep up with you and the family. Now if only I could get you to do it more often. Take care girl. We will be thinking about ya'll