These past couple months have been really rough on us. Let's see, where to start. I'll start from the beginning...
Dec....Moma had a seizure and luckily was already in the hospital when it happened. But they said that it was just a seizure and she actually wound up having multiple ones, we don't even know exactly how many. But come to find out a few weeks later, she actually suffereed from 2 strokes! She was unable to move her arms and legs, unable to speak, see, pretty much everything. Luckily though she got all of that back, well, most of it. She's still having trouble seeing and doesn't get around too quickly! but she's progressing so well....
And the horrible news....
I got a phone call from my brother at 1030a on Sat. Jan. 23rd saying that my father had died...I didn't believe him. It was so unexpected. He was found out by the car at 730a. He was still breathing at the time but unresponsive. He never came out of it. He was on his way to spend the day with my mom who was in a rehabilitation facility for the strokes. I still haven't processed it and don't believe that it happened. But we flew out on Sunday and we had the service on Monday. It was an Islamic burial and Thaer, my brother, my father's brother and his son all took care of it. But Thaer's dad helped out so much by performing the prayers over speaker phone in Arabic and then translating them in English for my mother and us. It was so nice. It's been pretty hard because for the last month and a half I was talking to him 4 or 5 times a day and now it's been eerily quiet around here....I miss him so much. But I still haven't started the grieving process. I have a problem with coming to terms with it and am extremely afraid of how it will be when it really finally hits me that he truly is gone. It's also really hard since I didn't get to see him that often since I live so far away and I'm afraid that everytime I go to Tx it's just going to open that wound up that he really is gone. Being far away makes it easy to tell yourself that they are still down there. My mom is taking it one day at a time. She has started back to her therapy and I hope that she continues to progress. I am looking forward to her visiting sometime in the future when she gets better. My parents were planning on being here this month before things happened.
Thank you for the prayers and condolences that many of you have already sent. It's greatly appreciated!
Plum Cake
1 week ago
1 comment:
You have definitely had a difficult month. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to call me, e-mail me, text whatever if you need anything! Your father was an amazing man and will be loved and remembered by so many!
Post a Comment